pHrodo® Cell Labeling Kit for Incucyte® Phagocytosis Assays
Kit containing one vial of lyophilized solid sufficient for labeling 5 x107 target cells of choice along with wash and labeling buffers - suitable for 100-200 live-cell imaging phagocytosis assays in 96-well format.
Top Features of the pHrodo® Cell Labeling Kit for Incucyte® Phagocytosis Assays
- Label the target cells of your choice for relevant measurements of cell engulfment
- Detect phagocytoic update and internalization using a pH sensitive dye
- Confirm phagocytosis using Incucyte® high definition phase-contrast images
- Utilize simple mix-and-read protocols – amenable to both adherent and non-adherent cells
Popular Applications for the pHrodo® Cell Labeling Kit for Incucyte® Phagocytosis Assays
- Labeling whole cells with a pH-sensitive fluorophore, making them suitable for screening compounds for inhibition/activation of efferocytosis.
- Quantifying antibody mediated cell phagocytosis (e.g., anti-CD47 antibody mediated phagocytosis or ADCP
Note: This product is not returnable. If you have any issues with this product, please contact your Sartorius sales representative for assistance.
- Price (USD):
- Item No.:
*Custom/bulk order quotes are provided within 24 hours of request.
The pHrodo® Cell Labeling Kit for Incucyte® enables the labeling of your choice of target cells with a pH-sensitive fluorophore for use in Incucyte® Phagocytosis Assays.
pHrodo® Cell Labeling Dye for Incucyte® enables labeling of whole cells with a pH-sensitive fluorophore. These cells are then suitable for use in downstream applications such as phagocytosis of cells. The unique pHrodo®-based system uses the acidic environment of the phagosome to quantify phagocytosis. As pHrodo® labeled cells residing in the neutral extracellular solution (pH 7.4) are engulfed by phagocytes and enter the acidic phagosome (pH 4.5–5.5), a substantial increase in fluorescence is observed. In the absence of phagocytes, the fluorescence intensity of the labeled cells remains low. This kit enables real-time evaluation of phagocytic regulation induced by pharmacological agents as well as genetic and environmental factors.
Presentation, Storage and Stability
This comprehensive kit comes with one vial of pHrodo® Cell Labeling Dye for Incucyte®, one vial of DMSO used to solubilize the dye, one bottle of pHrodo® Wash Buffer (100 mL) and one bottle of pHrodo® Labeling Buffer (100 mL). The pHrodo® Labeling Dye for Incucyte® is supplied as a lyophilized solid. When stored at -20°C, the dye is stable for at least six months. Once solubilized, the solution should be used as soon as possible or stored at -20°C and used within one month.
We recommend that pHrodo® Cell Labeling Dye for Incucyte® is prepared at a stock concentration of 1 mg/mL in the sterile DMSO provided. The dye may then be diluted for direct addition to cells suspended in pHrodo® Labeling Buffer for Incucyte®. Note that the dye will also bind to any primary amines present in proteins or cellular debris, therefore we recommend that:
- a) Cell lines be washed with pHrodo® Wash Buffer for Incucyte® to remove cell culture media and serum
- b) Any primary cells (such as neutrophils extracted from whole blood) be free from contamination
Additional protocol details can be found in the Product Guide in the Documents tab.
Research AreaCell Function