Opta® SFT Female Sterile connector, 3/4" HB. For assembly with Silicone tubing
The Opta® SFT range of Sterile Connectors allows fast and reliable sterile connection and sterile fluid transfer between two separate, pre-sterilized process components in biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
Web prices – only available through online purchase
- Price (USD):
- Item No.:
*Custom/bulk order quotes are provided within 72 hours of request.
The Opta® SFT range of sterile connectors allows fast and reliable sterile connection and sterile fluid transfer between two separate, pre-sterilized process components in biopharmaceutical manufacturing operations.
This connector has been qualified by applying stringent test regimes, including passing a bacterial challenge test.
A gendered connection approach supports “error proofing” of fluid flow designs to prevent connection errors. Both male and female connector couplings are sealed with a sterilizing grade PES membrane which enables operators to perform an aseptic connection in non-classified & classified environments maintaining sterile fluid transfer.
- Sterilizable by gamma irradiation & autoclave: Flexible implementation of hybrid single-use and multiple-use technologies
- 100 % of connectors integrity tested: high security
The Opta® SFT-I & D connectors can be integrated into Sartorius assemblies and are also available as individual components for end-user assembly with silicone & TPE tubing respectively.
- 3-step operation: Fast, robust and repeatable connections
- All hose barb connections intensively qualified: Reliable and robust tubing assemblies
- Fully integrated supply chain for Opta® SFT incorporating single-use assemblies from Sartorius: Streamlined supply chain, high security of supply
Drug Substance Purification
Drug Product Formulation
Cell Harvest & Downstream Processing Intermediates
- Media Preparation
- Drug Substance Purification
Connection MethodMechanical Connection
Connection Time30 seconds
Connections3/4" Hose Barb for Silicone
Tube Size (ID – OD)3/4" × 1" (19.1 mm × 25.4 mm)
Materials of Construction
Connector MaterialPolycarbonate (PC)
Membrane MaterialPolyethersulfone (PES)
Tubing MaterialPlatinum-Cured Silicone
Operating Pressure40 °C: 3 bar
- Gamma irradiation