HA Ultrogel® is a composite material of cross-linked agarose and microcrystalline hydroxyapatite enclosed in the agarose matrix. The material shows mixed mode functionality based on cation exchange and metal affinity in the hydroxyapatite structure. A wide variety of applications include separation of proteins, peptides and nucleic acids, from laboratory to production scale.
*Custom/bulk order quotes are provided within 72 hours of request.
Choose your product
HA Ultrogel® resin is a hydroxyapatite agarose composite resin for the separation of biomolecules from research and to manufacturing scale. Hydroxyapatite chromatography is considered to be a “pseudo-affinity” chromatography, or “mixed-mode” ion exchange. It has proven to be an effective purification mechanism in a variety of processes, providing biomolecule selectivity complementary to more traditional ion exchange or hydrophobic interaction techniques.
Features and Benefits
- Unique selectivity and separation mechanism, complementary to traditional IEX and HIC
- Protein purification in neutral, non-denaturating conditions
- High porosity, easy cleaning
- Purification of human serum proteins
- Purification of basic proteins, of phosphate-dependent proteins and enzymes, and of DNA-dependent enzymes
- Vaccine purification processes, e.g. Bordetella pertussis toxin
- Separation of plant proteins such as lectins, glycoproteins, glycosidases, phospholipidases, sulfohydrolases, sphingomyelinases, transferases, trehalases and kinases